Fourth Avenue home damaged by Wednesday afternoon fire

The blaze appears to have been caused by faulty wiring in the home's attic, a fire official said.

Advertisement

WALLA WALLA -- A single-family home was partially destroyed in a fire Wednesday, authorities said.

Walla Walla Fire District 4 was called to the home in the 1300 block of South Fourth Avenue about 4 p.m.

Firefighters worked until nearly 5:30 p.m. to extinguish the fire, which was believed to have started in the attic.

The fire spread to parts of the living room as ceiling tiles fell, igniting a couch and chair, a fire official said.

The family was advised to seek shelter elsewhere due to extensive damage.

Fire District 4 Chief Rocky Eastman said the fire appears to have been caused by faulty wiring in the attic.

Damage estimates for content was $5,000, with about $15,000 in damages to the house.

The family was expected to be dislocated only temporarily, until repairs could be made, Eastman said.

City of Walla Walla firefighters assisted in the call.

Maria P. Gonzalez can be reached at mariagonzalez@wwub.com or 526-8317. Check out her blog at blogs.ublabs.org/schoolhousemissives.



Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in