- LEVY: Approved resolution to seek a 2-year $585,000 replacement renewal maintenance and operation levy. Estimated cost is $2.60 per $1,000 assessed valuation. "It is in an increase, and we just have to (increase), Superintendent Carolyn Marsh said. "We found out there will be a $200,000 reduction from OSPI. It (the levy) will keep our doors open. There's a $2.6 billion shortfall in the governor's budget, and she's cutting everything," Marsh said.
- REORGANIZATION: Elected Tonne as board chairman, Stueckle as vice chairman for 2010. Unanimous.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment for December is 240 full time equivalent. The budget is based on 222 FTE students.
- ANNUAL WORKSHOP: Learned Superintendent Carolyn Marsh, and board members Stueckle and Tonne will attend the annual board workshop Jan. 11 in Starbuck.
- TEACHER: Learned LAP math teacher JP Thew will return Jan. 4. Thew has been on military since Sept. 1.
- BUS: Discussed purchase of school bus.
- POLICIES: Approved update policy and procedure regarding special education and related services. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Approved extending superintendent's contract through 2013. Unanimous.