Walla Walla County
- Nicholis W. Gascon, 23, address not confirmed, was charged Dec. 7 with first-degree theft and three counts of second-degree theft. Gascon is accused of wrongfully obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over property and over three access devices between Sept. 9 and Oct. 8.
- Nicholis W. Gascon, 23, address not confirmed, was charged Dec. 7 with violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act. Gascon is accused of unlawfully possessing methadone on Dec. 5.
- Jessica R. Darby, 19, 420 S. Second Ave., Apt. 6, was charged Dec. 7 with third-degree rape of a child. Darby is accused of engaging in sexual intercourse with a boy who was 14 or 15 years old between June 1 and Aug. 5.
- Nicholis W. Gascon, 23, address not confirmed, was charged Dec. 8 with second-degree malicious mischief, attempted residential burglary, two counts of third-degree theft and nine counts of second-degree vehicle prowling. Gascon is accused of knowingly and maliciously damaging property, attempting to unlawfully enter or remain in a dwelling with the intent to commit a crime, wrongfully obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over property belonging to two people, and unlawfully entering or remaining in nine vehicles with the intent to commit a crime on Oct. 31.
- Melissa N. Sherrill, 33, 1502 Truman St., was charged Dec. 14 with first-degree identity theft, first-degree theft, and theft of a motor vehicle. Sherrill is accused of knowingly using or transferring a means of identification of another person with the intent to commit or aid in the commission of a crime between Nov. 30 and Dec. 10, wrongfully obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over $3,000 in cash between March 1 and 9, and committing the theft of a motor vehicle on March 9.
- Lauren M. Elmenhurst, 21, 19 S. Roosevelt St., Apt. J, was charged Dec. 15 with complicity to third-degree assault. Elmenhurst is accused of being an accomplice to the assault of a person Aug. 23.
- Michael I. Mercado, 18, 530 S.W. Fourth St., College Place, was charged Dec. 15 with first-degree malicious mischief. Mercado is accused of knowingly and maliciously damaging a vehicle on Aug. 23.
- Donald A. Button, 27, Washington State Penitentiary, 1313 N. 13th Ave., was charged Dec. 16 with custodial assault. Button is accused of intentionally assaulting a correctional officer on July 21, 2008.
- Enrique Guevara-Mier, 31, Walla Walla, was sentenced Dec. 7 on one count forgery. The court dismissed two other counts. The sentence included restitution to be determined, $200 in court costs, $73.20 in sheriff fees, $500 to the crime victims compensation fund, $775 in attorney fees, $100 biological fee, 39 days in the county jail, credit for 39 days served. On Nov. 24 Guevara-Mier pleaded guilty to, with intent to injure or defraud another, put off as true a written instrument, a debit card, belonging to another, knowing it was forged.