- Give the gift of transportation -- ticket books for 20 one-way Valley Transit rides with no expiration date, $15. Tickets are available for purchase at Valley Transit, 1401 W. Rose St., 525-9140, the Valley Transit ticket kiosk on Fourth Avenue or at Helpline, 16 S. Colville St., 529-3377.
- Start the kids off right -- biodegradable diapers, package of 35 from Seventh Generation, $19.15. Or contribute toward diapers at the YWCA, 213 S. First Ave., or Catholic Charities, 408 W. Poplar St.
- Live lightly -- 10 compact fluorescent light bulbs, four sizes, $25.25. Bulbs can be found from a variety of stores; prices can vary. You can also make a contribution for bulbs through Blue Mountain Action Council, 342 Catherine St. which will get them to a needy family.
- A place to grow your own -- fund a community garden plot for a low-income family, $40. Checks can be sent to to the Rees amp; Sumach Community Garden, P.O. Box 1222, Walla Walla, WA, 99362, for garden space for those in need. For more information go to www.reesandsumach.blogspot.com or call 522-0399.
- The gift of education -- scholarship for one quarter of GED or English as a second language classes at Walla Walla Community College, $25. Available through the Blue Mountain Action Council.