Walla Walla County Commissioners are Greg Tompkins, Perry Dozier and Gregg Loney. With all present, commissioners voted as follows at their Monday meeting:
- Newspaper: Opened bids from newspapers for contract to print county legal advertising and notices. One bid received. Decision on award of contract set for Monday.
- Appointments: Approved appointments of Dr. William Jordan and Gilbert Mireles to county Housing Authority board and reappointments of Jim Petersen, Tom Waliser, Lee Rogers and Barbara Castle to county Horticultural Pest and Disease Control board. Unanimous.
- Proclamation: Approved resolution to proclaim April 11-17 as National Public Safety Telecommunications Week. Unanimous.
- Fairgrounds: Approved contract with Famp;B This and That for work at county fairgrounds and authorized fairgrounds manager to execute agreements for spring race meet. Unanimous.
- Technology: Approved licensing agreement at cost of $300 for ESRI Mapping Engine to be used by emergency service workers. Unanimous.
- Contracts: Approved contract for $2,173,407.20 with D.L. Edmondson of Summerville, Ore., for Lowden Road bridge project. Also approved contract totaling $12,883.51 with Aamp;B Asphalt of Benton City, Wash., for Dague Road bridge paving project. Unanimous.
- Code amendment: Canceled public hearing on proposed amendments to county code concerning home occupations due to requirement that public informational meeting must be held first. Meeting scheduled for April 21. Unanimous.