- PLANNING: Learned the Planning Commission discussed changing the portion of the Comprehensive Plan dealing with fences at the April 7 meeting.
- WASTEWATER: Approved proposal from Anderson Perry amp; Associates to improve the wastewater treatment and disposal system with a new screening system and chlorination system improvements. Unanimous.
- REMODEL: Agreed to put the balance of the City Hall remodel project into the 2010-2011 budget.
- GRANT: Approved $1,000 "ready to Read" grant for the library. Unanimous.
- BUSINESS LICENSES: Approved retail business license requests from Gina Koskela for "Gina's Athena's Gifts, 239 E. Main St., and Christina Ann Lovins for "MooseBee's" at 210 E. Main St. Unanimous.
- METER BOXES: Decided to charge residents a $10 fee beginning in 2011 if they fail to remove the packing in their meter boxes before meters are read for the first time in the spring. Unanimous.
- LIFEGUARDS: Learned applications are being accepted for lifeguard positions.
- MEETING: Learned the joint Athena-Weston council meeting will be April 24 at 8:30 a.m. During the breakfast meeting the council members will finalize plans on the two towns working together on the Athena-Weston City Wide Clean-up.