Board members are Don Miller, chair; Duane Geyer, vice-chair; Dennis Burks, George Gillette, Sharee LaRue-Wright, Tim McElrath and Ken Sloan. With all present Tuesday, the board:
- CONSENT: Approved minutes of March meetings, March financial reports, March bills and extra-duty contracts as part of consent agenda. Unanimous.
- LEASE: Approved rent agreement with Blue Mountain Hay for $400 a month. Blue Mountain will continue to occupy building at Seneca site at Ninth Avenue and Mill Street, for equipment storage only. Unanimous.
- POLICIES: Amended board policies on Family Medical Leave, Criminal Records Checks/Fingerprinting, and Resignation of Certified Employees. Unanimous.
- GRANT: Accepted Jack Grantis Integrative Arts in Classroom grant for Central Middle School for $1,400. Unanimous.
- CALENDAR: Adopted 2010-11 academic calendar. Unanimous.
- RESIGN: Accepted resignations from Rachel June Vixie as music teacher at Freewater Elementary; and Marilyn McBride as superintendent of district. Vixie will leave at the end of the school year; McBride will leave at the end of the 2010-11 school year. 6 to 1; Gillette opposed.