Members of the Waitsburg School Board are Ross Hamann, Marilyn Johnson, Terry Jacoy, Randy Pearson and Greg Zuger. With all present Wednesday the board:
- LEGISLATURE: Learned I-728 was eliminated by the legislature, which will impact the district with a loss of anticipated $29,000 for the 2010-2011 school year. The legislature also cut the remaining Learning Improvement Day from the state schedule. This means the district will be funded for one less day by the state for certificated teachers. The Legislature reduced the class size ratio for fourth grade from 53 to 47. This means there is less state apportionment at that grade level Superintendent Carol Clark said. This affects Waitsburg with $7,600 less funds.
- ENROLLMENT: Discussed projected enrollment for 2010-2011, which could be around 320 students. Currently the district is staffed for 325 FTE level.
- REPORTS: Learned 19 kindergartners are anticipated for the next school year, which is the same number as this year.
- CALENDAR: Will review feedback from staff and community members then make a decision on the 2010-2011 calendar at the May meeting.
- RACE: Discussed ramifications of signing a memorandum of understanding for Race to the Top.
- CONTRACT: Approved contract with superintendent Carol Clarke with extension until 2013. Unanimous.