Members of the Touchet School Board are Sandra Bradley, Robert Schaeffer, Mandy Thompson, Michael McCubbins and Darren Goble. With all present Thursday the board:
- SNOW DAYS: Voted to add two days to the end of the school year to make up for two days lost due to weather. The Touchet Education Association requested the board seek a waiver for the days. Unanimous.
- POLICIES: Approved policy related to how cash is handled in the building. Approved a policy related to interfund loans. An auditor told the district although interfund loans are acceptable, funds cannot be taken from the transportation fund. The district will repay the transportation fund $34,000. Unanimous for both.
- POOL: Approved raising the contribution to the unemployment pool from 1.5 percent to 2 percent. Unanimous.
- SEARCH: Selected Education Consultants LLC of Spokane to assist the district in seeking an interim superintendent. Unanimous.
- SCREENING: Learned Child Find screenings and kindergarten registration will be held May 19.
- THEMES: Learned the theme for the May Day celebration is "We Should be Dancing" and the theme for the Prom is "Lucky in Love."
- FBLA: Learned Josh Kraut and Hillary Intinarelli qualified to attend the national FBLA competition.