College Place City Council members are Mayor Rick Newby, William Jenkins, Alexander Scott, Marge Nyhagen, Bernie Yanke, Larry Dickerson, Steve Dickerson and Scott Duncan. With Scott absent, council members voted as follows Monday:
- Labor contract: Approved collective bargaining agreement with Teamsters Local No. 839, which represents employees in the Public Works Department and wastewater treatment plant. Unanimous.
- Annexation: Approved resolution for annexation of Mount Hope Cemetery consisting of about 9.95 acres. Unanimous.
- Grant: Authorized city administrator to enter into contract with Washington state Department of Commerce for $135,000 federal grant. Money to be used for energy efficiency improvements to city wastewater treatment plant. Also approved related action to advertise for proposals from engineering firms for project. Unanimous.
- Wind turbine: Approved conditional use permit to allow residential-scale wind turbine to be erected at Sager Middle School. Unanimous.
- Myra Road: Authorized mayor to accept turn back of right of way on Myra Road from Walla Walla County. Unanimous.
- Well work: Authorized expansion of engineering scope of work for improvements to city water wells number one and number three. Unanimous.