Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With all present Monday:
- PUBLIC WORKS: Passed resolution to suspend sick leave bank. Unanimous.
- GRADER: Discussed motor grader lease program.
- SHERIFF: Learned Sheriff Walt Hessler is hiring a firm to write and update sheriff's office policies. Learned ballistic vests will be replaced. A grant will pay for half the cost and the remainder will come from the sheriff's budget.
- UNION: Discussed 2010 union contract, with representatives of the Deputy Sheriff's Association. The contract will be reviewed by the prosecuting attorney before commissioners consider it for approval. The 2011 contract was presented for commissioners' consideration.
- PLANNING: Discussed contract with the city of Dayton for planning services.
- AGREEMENT: Approved agreement to apportion salary of Superior Court administrator with Garfield and Asotin counties. Unanimous.