Pomeroy School Board members are Paul Ruark, Lori Slaybaugh, Steve Carlson, Bart Gingerich and Ed Sullivan. With Sullivan absent Monday the board:
- WORK SESSION: Reviewed budget, schematic and scope of the modernization project with architects from Design West. Learned schematic design is a little behind schedule.
- STAFFING: Learned a bus driver will switch from part time to a substitute. Continued discussion of whether to have two kindergarten classes.
- CURRICULUM: Adopted the LASER science K-8 curriculum. Unanimous.
- STRATEGIC PLAN: Reviewed current strategic plan and what has been accomplished done. At the next meeting the board will finalize the 2009-2010 plan and then begin to work on a plan for 2010-2011.
- PRINCIPAL: Heard a presentation by High School Principal Doug LaMunyan. The presentation on student accountability is the same he gave to complete professional certification.
- CONTRACTS: Signed staff contracts.
- CLOSED SESSION: Met in executive session to discuss personnel.
- NEXT MEETING: The next regular meeting is Aug. 25.