Board members are Sonny Townsend, Chuck Glessner, Garrett Stark, Connie Smith and Mike Scrimsher. With all present Monday, the board:
- CONSENT: Approved hiring Rachel Williams as family and consumer science teacher at high school; Peter Hollick as district custodian; and payment of payroll for $543,183.56; general fund for $144,717; capital projects for $105,996.09; and ASB for $5,883.61, as part of consent agenda. Unanimous.
- STUDENTS: Swore in juniors Kyla Dixon and Allie Tickerpuu to the board as student representatives. The students will participate on the board to reflect student needs.
- POLICIES: Adopted policies on nonresident students, and the district's Response to Intervention. Unanimous.
- CONTRACTS: Approved a special services contract, for a special programs director contracted through ESD 123, and extra-curricular contracts, which include coach and advisor positions. Unanimous.
- CALENDARS: Adopted board's 2010-11 meeting calendar, and fall sports schedules. Unanimous.
- BUS: Approved purchase of new school bus for $105,918.57. Districts are required to retire older buses. Unanimous.
- ENERGY: Discussed possible energy improvements within the district, and the likelihood of seeking competitive energy improvement grants from the state. The district is seeking an audit of energy needs that will also explore the grant application. The district's middle school's heating and cooling system is in particular need of improvement.