Garfield County Commissioners are Dean Burton, Wynne McCabe and Robert Johnson. With all present Monday commissioners:
- TRANSPORTATION: Approved the 6-Year Transportation Plan. The largest proposed projects are the Peola Road Project, for $2.1 million in federal, state and local funds, and the Columbia Center Pataha Creek Bridge project, for $300,000. Both projects are expected to begin in 2011. Unanimous.
- ROADS: Signed annual road construction program, which includes the Peola Road and Columbia Center Pataha Creek Bridge projects. The program also includes the first year of a two-year $500,000 safety grant to reduce traffic hazards. Unanimous.
- LEVY: Set current expense levy for 2011 with an increase of 1 percent to a maximum of $290,000. Set road district levy by 1 percent to a maximum of $260,000. Also set amounts the county collects for mental health at .025 per $1,000 assessed valuation. There will be no increase in the amount collected for veterans' relief. Unanimous for all.
- WAGES: Directed clerk to set wages for county employees at current rate.
- PERSONNEL POLICY: Met with department heads to develop personnel manual.
- BUDGET HEARING: Set Dec. 20 at 2 p.m. as public hearing on the 2011 budget. Unanimous.