Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With all present Monday:
- SOLID WASTE: Reviewed preliminary draft of the 2010 comprehensive solid waste and moderate risk waste management plan.
- HEARINGS: Scheduled a public hearing for the Bonneville Power Administration franchise agreement Jan. 3 at 10:15 a.m. Conducted a public hearing on 2010 budget amendments. Amendments were then approved. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC WORKS: Approved resolutions related to transfer station upgrades and to establishing a sick leave bank. Unanimous for both.
- CLOSED SESSION: Meet in executive session for union negotiations with road department union. No action followed in open session.
- COURTHOUSE: Discussed re-key bid and assessor's office window repair with courthouse maintenance supervisor Seth Teeters.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Discuss dispatch services with emergency management Director Bill Peters. Set a special meeting for Wednesday at 9 a.m. to continue the discussion.
- LIQUOR LICENSE: Voted to authorize the chair to send a letter to the state Liquor Control Board supporting a new liquor license for Ski Bluewood. Unanimous.
- PLANNING: Approved Archer Short Plat. Unanimous. Scheduled hearing on building and planning fee schedule changes for Dec. 30 at 1:15 p.m. Unanimous for both.