- LEVY: Passed a resolution to seek a one-year $250,000 maintenance and operation levy in February. Estimated cost per $1,000 assessed valuation is 65 cents. If approved, the levy will be collected in 2012. Unanimous.
- COMMUNITY CLASSES: Heard report from Fritze on ideas for community classes. Ideas include ethnic foods, basic internet skills, history of Dayton schools and a facilities tour; disk golf, and geocaching.
- GOALS: Decided to establish a routine of discussing one district goal at least once every two months.
- CAMERAS: Discussed need for security cameras to discourage vandalism. During the past 18 months vandals have thrown paint on buildings, ruined carpet in the high school entry, burned holes in the outside entry carpet; glued the door locks at the high school; cut or stolen irrigation hoses, and stolen items from lockers.
- DEFIBRILLATOR: Learned the defibrillator has been reprogrammed, and batteries replaced. A storage box may be purchased so the machine is easily accessible in the foyer of the gym.
- BUDGET: Learned the budget is currently on target for revenues and expenses. In January, the state will adjust payments to reflect actual enrollment, rather than the number budgeted for. Because the district budget is based on 460 students, and enrollment is at 454, there will be a loss in revenue, plus the overpayment will be collected.