Board members are Cindy Meyer, Jim Lehmann, Anne Golden, Max Carrera and Dan Hess. With all present Tuesday, the board:
- OFFICERS: Elected Jim Lehmann as board president and Max Carrera as vice-president, to serve for one year. Unanimous.
- FACILITIES: Conducted work session to select architects to interview for high school facilities proposals.
- PERSONNEL: Approved hiring Michelle Gwinn, Sandy Leos, Monique Morris, Sonia Soto and Mickey Weber as para-educators. Accepted resignation from Kit Chryst, Title 1 position at Edison Elementary, for purpose of retirement. Chryst is leaving the district after 32 years at the end of the school year. Unanimous.
- BILLS: Approved payment of bills for December from general fund for $1,006,711.88; capital projects for $377,086.69; associated student body account for $83,258.65. Previous payroll for $4,790,379.94, and estimated December payroll at $4,100,000. Unanimous.
- REPORT: Heard from Superintendent Mick Miller on upcoming "Educate, Listen and Plan" effort to gauge local interest in a possible bond proposal to improve the city's high schools.