Home seriously damaged in Sunday fire

Advertisement

photo

A Sunday morning fire at 4184 Old Milton Hwy sends the owner to a ambulance as District #4 firefighter Michael Loudermilk, on ladder, works to extinguish the blaze in the attic.

WALLA WALLA -- A home was seriously damaged in a fire early Sunday, authorities said.

Walla Walla County Fire District 4, assisted by College Place Fire Department, responded to the fire in the 4100 block of Old Milton Highway about 9:34 a.m. District 4 Chief Rocky Eastman said the home sustained between $40,000 to $45,000 in structural and content damage.

The fire reportedly started in the kitchen, and spread to part of the attic, with smoke damage reported throughout the house. The home's owner was taken to Providence St. Mary Medical Center for smoke inhalation evaluation, Eastman said.

The fire is believed to have sparked by combustible materials placed too close to a burner on the stove, Eastman said.

Firefighters cleared the scene by 12:48 p.m.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment