Pomeroy School District Board members are Paul Ruark, Lori Slaybaugh, Steve Carlson, Bart Gingerich, and Ed Sullivan. With all present Thursday the board:
- ASB: Heard report from Associated Student Body representative. Learned the prom is March 19, and a Spring Fling dance will be held in April.
- BALLOT: Learned the district's bond measure was one of seven that was approved in the state. There were 11 presented to voters in the state. The bond passed with 60.77 percent approval. The vote was 581-375.
- BOND SALES: Moved to sell bonds as soon as possible, using bonding company Seattle Northwest. Bonds will probably be sold in April. Unanimous.
- PROJECT MANAGER: Discussed procedure for hiring a project manager for the remodel project.
- TIMELINE: Learned the remodel project will be in the design phase from now until April 2011. The architect will take input from community and staff. Release of state matching funds is expected in July 2011. At that time the project can be put out for bids.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment average is now 320 full time equivalent students. Beginning enrollment was 323 FTE. Set budget driver at 295 for 2010-2011. Anticipated enrollment is 309 to 325 FTE.
- INTENT SURVEYS: Learned surveys were sent to staff to ask what they intend to do next year.
- CONTRACT: Decided to reinstate supervision contract for the junior-senior high principal. The contract was not funded earlier. This allows the principal to be paid for supervision at games, dances and other school activities.
- POLICIES: Adopted policies related to student rights and responsibilities, cooperation with private and parochial schools and daycare agencies, and activity transportation and private vehicles. Tabled policy related to use of school facility by non-school organizations or personnel. Unanimous for all.