- ROADS: Learned road crews had spent last week clearing debris in culverts and ditches from runoff.
- ROAD PLOWING: Discussed whether to sign a contract with the Washington State Parks to plow Mountain Road to the Rose Springs parking area inside the national forest boundary. Presently private contractors are used, but the state would prefer to contract with the county.
- CONTRACT: Reviewed contract with Pomeroy School District for renting rooms in the high school to use as office space during Courthouse renovation. Due to insurance company questions, the document was not signed.
- MENTAL HEALTH: Signed contract with Quality Behavioral Health. to provide mental health and substance abuse programs from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2911. The contract covers all funding received from state and federal governments. Unanimous.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Signed annual contract with Clay Barr as Emergency Management director and Laura Dixon, as administrative assistant. The contract allows monthly salary up to $1,500 for Barr and $600 for Dixon. Unanimous.
- SUPERIOR COURT: Approved job description and salary for new position of joint clerk administrative position for Superior Court. The new employee will provide administrative services for Superior Court Judge William Acey. Previously the duties were handled by the court reporter, who recently retired. Court proceedings will be recorded electronically in the future. The new position will pay $33,000 plus benefits. Unanimous.