As the situation in Haiti continues to unfold and the damage is assessed, the America Red Cross increased its disaster relief commitment from $200,000 to $1,000,000 early this morning.
People who want to help those affected by the Haitian earthquake can make a donation to the American Red Cross International Response (donations should be designated AP 2885 Haiti Relief and Development.)
Ways to donate include:
Through the local Chapter:
- Online (secure): www.bmcredcross.org
- Mail: P. O. 3067, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- In Person/hand deliver: 175 S. Park Street, Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Phone: 509-525-7380
Through the American Red Cross
- Online: to the International Relief Fund at www.redcross.org
- Mail: American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013
- Phone: 1-800-REDCROSS or 1-800-257-7575 (Spanish)
- Text "HAITI" to "90999" and an automatic donation of $10 will be given to the American Red Cross.
In-kind donations such as bottled water are not currently being accepted for this relief effort.
At this time, the American Red Cross is only deploying Red Cross volunteers specially trained to manage international emergency operations. No local volunteers are currently scheduled to deploy to Haiti.
Please contact Terry Hackney, Executive Director, at 509-525-7380 for further information.