- BLUE SKY: Heard report on outcome of Blue Sky Community Challenge the City co-sponsored with Pacific Power. Bill Clemens told the council community participation rose from 1.5 percent to almost 6 percent.
- PROJECT: Passed a resolution accepting the West Dayton Beautification Project as complete. Unanimous.
- MAYOR PRO-TEM: Elected Merle Jackson as Mayor Pro-Tempore. Unanimous.
- HISTORIC COMMISSION: Tabled affirmation of reappointment of Faye Rainwater and Kathy George until Feb. 8 to give council member Micki Varney time to study the appointment procedure.
- HISTORIC DISTRICT: Residents Jeff Turner and Charles James requested their property be removed from the South Side Historic District. The Historic District uses the same boundaries as the National Historic District. The council took no action on the requests.