- CENSUS: Learned there are still census taker positions open. Also learned there will be just one form with 10 questions. Individual questionnaires will be filed for 72 years, and will not be available to government agencies. Questionnaires will not be delivered to Post Office boxes. The census will begin Feb. 1 with group facilities (dormitories, prisons) and will got to residences in March. Will only be short form. To learn more about working for the census in Umatilla County phone 541-969-7691.
- LIBRARY: Voted to pay fee for librarian to attend National Library Conference in Portland March 24-26. Unanimous.
- PEDESTRIANS: Held first reading of ordinance related to pedestrian facilities (sidewalks.) Revision states what materials can be used in sidewalks.
- CARPET: Approved purchase of carpet and installation for City Hall, with stipulation mayor would look into price of installation. Mayor was also asked to seek another price. Unanimous.
- HANDBOOK: Tabled review of the revised employee handbook regarding because council members wanted to seek more information.
- DONATION: Approved donating $225 for the Christmas lighting contest. Unanimous.
- CRIMINAL CODES: Approved adopting criminal codes for Weston Municipal Court. The codes would include crimes such as DUI and possession of marijuana. The codes exclude misdemeanors and felonies. Unanimous.
- EXPANSION: Approved exploration of costs of expansion of City Hall and the Police Department into an unused portion of the building.
- DESIGN: Approved engineer's design of the corner of Bannister Road and Water Street, and authorized Anderson Perry Associates to seek bids on the project. Unanimous.