Controlled fire burns out of control in College Place

Advertisement

photo

A firefighter hoses down the remains of a storage building in the 400 block of Russet Road. The structure and a second small building were destroyed when winds whipped a controlled burn out of control about noon Wednesday.

photo

Caroline Angulo sprays water on the remains of a storage building next door to her residence in the 400 block of Russet Road. The building caught fire about noon Wednesday when winds blew a controlled fire out of control. Fire District 4 and College Place firefighters were able to contain the blaze before it spread to any residences.

COLLEGE PLACE - A blaze started by sparks from a burn pile destroyed an empty storage building and a chicken shed today. The fire in the 400 block of Russet Road was reported shortly after noon, said Brian Jones, assistant chief of Fire District 4. "Some people had a burn pile and the wind picked it up and moved it into the grass," he said. The blaze covered about a quarter acre, destroying the two small buildings but not damaging any nearby residences. College Place firefighters were also called out on mutual aid to the fire.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment