Pomeroy City Council members are Dennis Gillis, James Fuchs, Michael Akers, Stephanie Newberg and Donna Hunt. Mayor is Alan Gould. With all present Tuesday the council:
- NUISANCE: Received sample nuisance ordinances from attorney Matt Newberg. The sample ordinances address nuisances, junk vehicles, notice requirements and penalties.
- ORV ORDINANCE: Voted to extend the off-road vehicle ordinance to July 17, 2011. The ordinance allows operations on city streets and alleys.
- PLANNING: Discussed proposal to combine city/county planning and zoning commission. The county would like to have seven members, with three from the county, three from the city, and one at large. After discussion, the council suggested the mayor propose to the county that the commission have five members.
- EVENTS: Learned National Night out scheduled for Aug. 3.
- JAIL: Approved using the old city jail as an evidence room by the Sheriff's Office. The jail would be monitored by a security camera. Unanimous.
- INSPECTOR: Voted to hire the county to perform inspections for building permits issued by the city at the rate of 50 percent of the permit fee. Unanimous.
- FEES: Discuss building inspection fees.