WALLA WALLA -- A local couple escaped injury Thursday after part of their home was destroyed by fire.
Crews with the Walla Walla Fire Department, assisted by Walla Walla Fire District 4, arrived at the home at 2150 Leonard Drive about 10:30 a.m. Firefighters found a fully involved garage fire, and smoke coming from the attic of the attached house, according to a news release. No injuries were reported as all occupants exited the home in time, the release noted. The home is owned by Dwight and Kathy Walker, the release said.
Fire officials believe the fire started in a Dumpster next to the outside wall of the garage, causing about $65,000 in property damage.