Board members are Cindy Meyer, president; Jim Lehmann, vice-president; Anne Golden, Max Carrera and Dan Hess. With all present Tuesday, the board:
- BILLS: Approved payment of March bills from general fund for $620,114.08; capital projects for $336,604.93; associated student body for $67,019.11. Approved February payroll for $3,891,928.43. March payroll was estimated at $3.95 million. Unanimous.
- PERSONNEL: Approved hiring Estella Edson as a bus assistant, and Janette Polley as health clinician for Edison Elementary; accepted resignation from Mary Lou Whalen as food services assistant at Prospect Point Elementary; granted leave of absence request to Maria Garcia as psychologist for special programs to serve as RTI coordinator. Unanimous.
- SUPPORT BID: Accepted low bid from T.W. Clark Construction for $2,641,300 to build support services facility at site of transportation cooperative. The bid includes 12 alternates. Unanimous.
- POLICY: Approved board policy 6220 on bid requirements. Unanimous.
- SKILLS CENTER: Heard update on Skills Center. District may get money for designing the center in 2011; and construction money in 2013.
- BUS: Heard report on district's transportation department getting commended by Washington State Patrol on bus inspections. Presented department with WSP Bus Inspection Certificate of Achievement.