- TOW TRUCK: Learned the sheriff's office and Washington State Patrol are working with Kyle's Towing to have a wrecker available locally. Deputy Bruce Barkuff presented a report on law enforcement activities in the city for the first quarter.
- STREET: Heard a request by Bob Wolf for closure of 7th Street from Main to Columbia July 3 for a wedding reception. Hours requested are 3:30 p.m. to midnight. Also heard a request from Melody Hirsch to close 7th Street between Main and Columbia Aug. 7 for an all-80's class reunion. There were no objections from the council.
- POOL: Confirmed pool staff for summer season. Pool manager is Sherry Curnutt and lifeguards are Sadie Slaybaugh, Brenna Monahan, Derek Anderson, Brielle Hocking, Erica Carlson and John Atchley. Vote was unanimous for lifeguards. Vote was three in favor, with Akers voting no and Newberg abstaining for hiring Curnutt as pool manager.
- PLANNING AND ZONING: Learned Gould met with Garfield County Commissioners to discuss combining city and county planning and zoning commissions. Gould said the county is receptive, and he will meet with them again next week.
- BUILDING INSPECTION: Gould also is meeting with county on combining building inspection services. The plan is for receipts to be written at City Hall, and the county building inspector will be paid to perform the inspections.
- COMMITTEES: Standing committees were reassigned as follows: Audit Committee, Fuchs and Hunt; Cemetery and Library, Newberg and Hunt; Ordinance, Gillis and Newberg; Parks/Golf and Pool, Hunt and Gillis; Police and Fire, Gillis and Fuchs; Streets and Utilities, Fuchs and Akers; and Garbage, Hunt and Akers.
- PLAQUES: Learned the historic plaques will be assembled by the high school shop students May 11 and 12, and mounted by Tumbleweed weekend.
- HOUSING: Heard a presentation on working with owners of rental property regarding crime reports on their properties. Two representatives from the Walla Walla Police Department said their office will hold free workshops on this topic which is open to all individuals.