Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With Robanske absent Monday:
- ROAD CLOSURES: Tabled resolution setting winter road closures until commissioners could review list, which has additional roads added.
- LOAD LIMIT: Passed resolution to set load limits on roads. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC WORKS: Reviewed 2010 bridge inspection report. Three bridges were in need of attention, but none were condemned.
- BUSINESS MANAGER: Discussed job public works business manager job description. The position is presently vacant, due to the resignation of Lisa Benzel.
- TRANSFER STATION: Discussed changed to the solid waste transfer station, and to the way garbage is collected.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Renewed 2010 Homeland Security contract. Unanimous.
- JUVENILE JUSTICE: Review 2011 budget.
- PLANNING: Discussed Whitman College student who wants to do an internship in community planning with the county planning department.