Members of the Waitsburg School Board are Ross Hamann, Marilyn Johnson, Terry Jacoy, Randy Pearson and Greg Zuger. With Johnson and Pearson absent Wednesday the board:
- GRADUATION: Discussed graduation requirements for class of 2013 and beyond. Students will be required to take end-of-course assessments in math and science.
- PERSONNEL: Approved maternity leave for fifth grade teacher Deanna Coulston. Also approved hiring of winter sports coaches. Unanimous for all.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned enrollment for November is "Oh so slightly above budget," Superintendent Carol Clarke told the board. The budget is based on 310 full time equivalent students, and the enrollment count is 313 FTE.
- AWARD: Learned there will be a recognition ceremony in Pasco Nov. 30 where Waitsburg High School will be honored as a School of Distinction.
- ATHLETIC COMBINE: Learned new procedures for accepting volunteer coaches and protocols for disciplinary action and dispute resolution are being developed.
- WORKSHOP: Learned the staff will attend a drug and alcohol awareness workshop Wednesday.