Garfield County Commissioners are Dean Burton, Wynne McCabe and Robert Johnson. With all present Monday commissioners:
- TREASURER: Reviewed treasurer's monthly report for October.
- AGREEMENT: Renewed agreement with Region 2 Juvenile Detention Center, Nez Perce County, Idaho. Cost is $170 per day to house juvenile offenders. Unanimous.
- HEARING: Held public hearing for 6-Year Transportation Plan. There was no public comment. The largest projects are the Peola Road Project, for $2.1 million in federal, state and local funds, and the Columbia Center Pataha Creek Bridge project, for $300,000. Both projects are expected to begin in 2011.
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Met as the public health board with board members LaDonna Stallcop and Marie Williams and public health nurse, Leta Travis, and bookkeeper Kathy Crowner. Discussed preliminary 2011 budget, and reviewed October activity report. Learned the district has 35 flu shots available.
- PERSONNEL POLICY: Reviewed personnel policy with department heads and elected officials. Will continue review next Monday.
- AWARDS: Recognized road department employees Doug Young and Rodney Norland. Young has been an employee for 25 years and Norland for 20 years. Commissioner Dean Burton was recognized for 15 years with the county.