Board members are Don Miller, chair; Duane Geyer, vice-chair; Dennis Burks, George Gillette, Sharee LaRue-Wright, Tim McElrath and Ken Sloan. With Sloan absent Tuesday, the board:
- CHOIR: Approved request from high school choir to travel to Los Angeles in April dependent on successful fund-raising; also approved request to perform at a Walla Walla area church. Unanimous.
- DONATIONS: Accepted donated trombone and tenor saxophone, worth about $200, from Maureen Varnell; accepted Title III grant to fund language acquisition program, for $66,740. Unanimous.
- SEARCH: Heard overview of search for superintendent. The application period ends Jan. 10, and candidate applications will be reviewed from Jan. 24-29. Top candidates will be chosen by Feb. 8, with the goal of completing interviews and making an offer to someone by March 15.
- PAPERLESS: Brief discussion on district going paperless. Agreed to have board meetings go paperless in near future, and continue exploring options for within the district.
- SENECA: Brief discussion on potential to sell Seneca property to generate money and offset potential continued cuts. Also briefly exploring four-day work week as a potential cost savings. No action at this time.