- BUDGET: Following a public hearing on the $9.7 budget for 2011 adopted the budget. The budget is up 2.39 percent over the 2010 budget, and shows an ending fund balance of $213,495. The $9.7 is the net operating revenue. Unanimous.
- FINANCES: Learned October's net income was a negative $44,625 , leaving a net gain for the year of $301,233. Reason for the downturn was a decrease of inpatient volume during the month.
- TAXATION: Heard a presentation by Columbia County Assessor Chris Miller on the tax structure for the hospital district.
- IT/FACILITIES: Information technology specialist Shane McGuire reported to the board on the status of implementing the technology modules. The clinics were implemented last week, and one module remains, McGuire said.
- PERSONNEL: Learned an occupational therapist has been hired. Abby Schrader, from North Dakota, will start work in January. Also learned department heads are working on a pledge which all will sign. The pledge addresses how to communicate with people, and values of the organization, CEO Charlie Button said this morning.
- DISASTER DRILL: Learned 10 to 12 hospital staff will participate in a disaster table top drill Nov. 30 at City Hall.
- COMMUNITY REPORT: Learned the district will publish a report to the community in January. The last community report was done in 2005.
- CREDENTIALING: Approved putting physician Dr. Kyle Terry on the professional staff. Terry works at the Waitsburg Clinic. Unanimous.