WALLA WALLA - A fire found burning inside a wall and floor damaged a home this morning.
The fire was reported at 9:43 a.m. at 257 W. Morton St., said Deputy Chief Brad Morris. The initial report was that smoke was coming from a fireplace with no fire in it, but on arrival firefighters found the house filled with smoke.
Firefighters found the source was a fire burning inside the wall and floor next the fireplace, Morris said. The apparent cause was heat transmitted to wood members from a fire which had been built in the fireplace the night before.
The fire was declared under control at 10:09 a.m. and no injuries were reported to the resident, Eric Linde, and another person in the house at the time.
Morris said no estimate of the damage to the house was immediately available.