Fire damages Walla Walla home on Morton Street

Advertisement

photo

Describing details of the home and the fire inside the floor of a home at the corner of Morton Street and South Fifth Avenue Monday morning.

photo

Temporarily tied to a pick-up truck parked in the backyard, a pair of dogs bark at firefighters as they work to extinguish a small blaze at a home on the corner of Morton Street and South 5th Avenue Monday morning.

photo

A piece of debris-laden carpet flies through the air and into the front yard of a home at the corner of Morton Street and South Fifth Avenue as City of Walla Walla firefighters work to extinguish a fire in the floor surrounding the fireplace of a home.

WALLA WALLA - A fire found burning inside a wall and floor damaged a home this morning.

The fire was reported at 9:43 a.m. at 257 W. Morton St., said Deputy Chief Brad Morris. The initial report was that smoke was coming from a fireplace with no fire in it, but on arrival firefighters found the house filled with smoke.

Firefighters found the source was a fire burning inside the wall and floor next the fireplace, Morris said. The apparent cause was heat transmitted to wood members from a fire which had been built in the fireplace the night before.

The fire was declared under control at 10:09 a.m. and no injuries were reported to the resident, Eric Linde, and another person in the house at the time.

Morris said no estimate of the damage to the house was immediately available.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in