Members of the City Council are Christine Broughton, Kathy Berg, Merle Jackson, Terry Herrin, Charlie Button, Jim Cooper and Bill Graham. Mayor is Craig George. With Graham absent Monday the council:
- BUDGET: Conducted final public hearing on the 2011 budget. Approved second reading of the budget ordinance by title only. Unanimous.
- UTILITIES: Approved ordinances setting water, garbage and sewer rates for 2011. Proposed utility increases are 3 percent, or 94 cents for water; 6 percent, or $2.61 for sewer, and 3 percent, or 41 cents for garbage service. The total increase for single-family residential accounts would be $4.06. Unanimous.
- BUILDING HEIGHT: Consider ordinance changing building height definition. The change defines building height from the finished grade to the top of the wall plate. Unanimous.
- CHANGE ORDERS: Approved change orders for S. Second Street reconstruction project, including one regarding fire hydrant installation. Unanimous.
- AGREEMENT: Approved $5,000 supplemental agreement for construction engineering to close out the S. Second Street reconstruction project. Unanimous.
- LIQUOR LICENSES: Took no action meaning there were no actions to liquor license renewal applications by the Eagles and Country Cupboard.