The Columbus Day holiday is Monday. The following closures or special hours or days of service will be in effect.
- OFFICE BUILDINGS: All federal offices will be closed. City of Milton-Freewater offices will be closed. All other state, county and city offices will be open.
- POST OFFICES: Post offices will be closed and the only service will be express delivery.
- BANKS: All banks will be closed.
- SCHOOLS: Schools will be in session.
- LIQUOR STORES: Washington and Oregon liquor stores will be open.
- DEPT. OF LICENSING: The Department of Licensing office on Jade Street in Walla Walla will be open Saturday and closed Monday.
- TRANSPORTATION: Valley Transit buses, Job Access and Dial-A-Ride will operate normally.
- DAM CROSSINGS: Crossings on Lower Granite, Little Goose and Lower Monumental dams will be closed.
- LIBRARIES: The Walla Walla Public Library will be open. The Milton-Freewater Public Library will be closed.
- GARBAGE: The city of Walla Walla and the city of Milton-Freewater will collect on regular schedules. Recycling pickup for Walla Walla residents will also remain unchanged. Basin Disposal will collect on its regular schedule.
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY: The Union-Bulletin will publish. News, advertising and circulation offices will be open. People should receive their paper by 5 p.m. Those who don't receive their paper should call the U-B circulation office, 525-3300, by 6 p.m.
Oregon and Washington state offices will be open. Walla Walla and Umatilla County offices will be open. City of Walla Walla and College Place offices will be open. State, county and city offices will be open., state and county offices will be closed. Walla Walla, College Place, and Milton-Freewater city offices will be closed.