Board members are Preston Winn, chair; Duane Smalley, vice-chair; Trenda Nichols, Duane Beers, Sterling Allen, and Rod Bonifer. With all present Monday, the board:
- VACANT: Appointed Josh Henningsen to fill board vacancy. Henningsen will be sworn in during the November meeting. Unanimous.
- STATE: Reviewed state report card ratings. All district schools earned outstanding, the highest possible score, for state ratings on achievement, attendance, and participation goals.
- BUS: Accepted bid for surplus bus for $515,000. Unanimous.
- COACH: Approved hiring Ryan Delph as middle school head football coach. Unanimous.
- OFFER: Agreed to continue "offer versus serve" food services program, where children are offered choices to eat instead of served specific items. Unanimous.
- CHORUS: Approved overnight trip of chorus to Baker City Nov. 10-11. Unanimous.