Board members are Don Miller, chair; Duane Geyer, vice-chair; Dennis Burks, Tim McElrath, Sharee LaRue-Wright, George Gillette and Ken Sloan. With Sloan absent Tuesday, the board:
- STATE: Reviewed results of State Report Card ratings. All schools and the district received Satisfactory rankings overall.
- GRANT: Accepted SPRamp;I 2010-11 grant for $2,097. Unanimous.
- DONATIONS: Accepted donations, including furniture valued at $380 from Wells Fargo Home Mortgage; $1,500 from City Council for football equipment at middle school; $10 from Denette Rhoads for middle school choir; and a $1,000 anonymous donation. Unanimous.
- BUS: Approved purchase of six buses for $725,000 over 10 years. Unanimous.
- SUPERINTENDENT: Agreed to conduct traditional superintendent search, to begin once qualifications and desired candidate information is drafted. The board may also later choose to go with an interim superintendent. Unanimous.