- PERSONNEL: Approved Jackson Jaekel as a junior high football volunteer. Unanimous. Learned Beth Mertens was hired by the Special Ed Consortium to fill the grade 7-12 special education teacher position.
- AYP: Elementary principal Katie Leid reported on the Annual Yearly Progress report. As with the state overall, Some scores showed improvement, some went backward, and some stayed the same. For the first time, the district did not meet the Annual Yearly Progress goals.
- INSURANCE: Learned premiums for insurance increased 6 percent. Total cost for the current year is $59,700.
- POLICY: Approved first reading of amendment to the transportation policy. The amendment would allow travel by school buses on county roads marked as "primitive." The transportation coordinator will inspect roads and determine whether to allow travel on them. The county's definition of primitive is related to the amount of traffic on a road, rather than it's condition.
- ENROLLMENT: Preliminary enrollment figures show 223 students in grades K-6 and 244 in grades 7-12, for a total of 467 students. The budget is based on 460 full time equivalent students. A final September count will be made Sept. 8.
- ENERGY: Learned the energy project is complete with a new air conditioning unit at the high school, and lighting retrofits throughout the school.
- ATHLETICS: Learned 12 students are participating as cheerleaders; 11 in cross-country; 23 in soccer; 13 in middle school football; 32 in high school football; 19 in high school volleyball, and 32 in middle school volleyball.