Board members are Don Miller, chair; Duane Geyer, vice-chair; Dennis Burks, Tim McElrath, Sharee LaRue-Wright, George Gillette and Ken Sloan. With all present Tuesday, the board:
- HIRES: Approved hiring Ashley Meade as high school language arts teacher. Unanimous. Also approved hiring Alison Riegert as short-term fourth-grade teacher at Grove Elementary. 5 to 2; Gillette and Sloan opposed.
- SEARCH: Adopted search process time schedule that covers the next few weeks. Unanimous.
- GOALS: Adopted board goals for 2010-11 school year. 6 to 1; LaRue-Wright opposed.
- GRANTS: Approved Title I grant for $569,379 and Title II grant for $112,375. Unanimous.
: Accepted $1,400 cash donation from George T. Welch Testamentary Trust for library books at Grove; and $1,050 in musical instruments from Mike Agidius for band program. Unanimous.
- CO-OPS: Approved cooperative agreement with University of Idaho to receive instructional intern; and agreement with Athena-Weston School District for girls soccer program. Unanimous.
- CONSENT: Approved minutes from August meeting; review of July and August financial reports; review of July and August bills; and extra-duty contracts as part of consent agenda. Unanimous.