- FINANCES: Learned year-to-date net income through August is $315,000, compared with a budget of $33,000.
- BUDGET CALENDAR: Discussed budget process. A preliminary budget will be presented to the board in October, and the board will consider adoption in November.
- UPDATES: Heard report by Booker Rest Home director of nursing Stephanie Carpenter. She talked about staffing, staff education and training, training.
- BOARD EDUCATION: Discussed possible dates for follow-up board education session with consultant Susan Newton. Also discussed Oct. 6 meeting with hospital board members from Clarkston and Pomeroy.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Learned the district is in the middle of implementation of computerized record keeping. Hospital and nursing records are now digitized, and it is going very well, CEO Charles Button said. The next phase is conversion of the financial records. The Waitsburg and Dayton clinics will be converted in November.
- SWING BEDS: The swing bed project is scheduled for completion by Oct. 1, and residents will move Oct. 4.