Murder charge filed in Burbank homicide

The suspect, Luis 'Chari' Reyna, is believed to have fled to California.


WALLA WALLA -- A charge of first-degree murder has been filed in Walla Walla Superior Court today against a man suspected of a shooting death in Burbank earlier this month.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Luis "Chari" Reyna in connection with the Sept. 10 murder of Jose Ramon Hernandez-Solis of Pasco. Reyna is thought to have fled to California with another man, according to earlier police reports.

In court documents, Reyna, a Mexican citizen, is described as 17-19 years old, about 5 feet 5 inches tall and about 140 pounds. He has a round face, big lips and droopy eyelids. He was last seen with a neatly trimmed beard, goatee and mustache.

Hernandez-Solis, 37, was found dead of two gunshot wounds on the morning of Sept. 10 in a woodworking shop he operated in Burbank. According to a probable cause statement filed today, witnesses told police there had been a party in the shop attended by Hernandez-Solis and four other men, known as "Hector", "Wetto", "Chari" and "Guajolote" which started the evening of Sept. 9 and continued into the early morning hours of Sept. 10.

One of the men at the party, later identified as Jesus Albert Mendoza Camacho, told police he left the party shortly after midnight after he saw the man identified as Reyna with a gun in his waistband. Camacho told police he went outside and lay down inside the victim's truck and was later awakened by three gunshots.

Looking out from the truck, Camacho told police he saw Reyna and another man run from the shop and get into Reyna's vehicle, a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Along with the two men, Camacho said Reyna's girlfriend, a 17-year old female identified as Marianna "Vanessa" Mendoza Camacho, was also in the vehicle, which was driven from the scene.

Camacho told investigators he went into the shop and discovered the victim, then ran to a house on the property where he tried to get a ride from the occupants sleeping there. Although Camacho claimed he told the people in the house someone was dead in the shop, those witnesses did not indicate he said that, according to the report.

Camacho then left on foot and called a friend to come and get him. He started to return to California, but was persuaded to return to Pasco by a relative. He was held for investigation of complicity to the murder, but later released and has been cooperating with police.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in