Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With all present Monday night:
- EXTENSION: Signed contract with the U.S. Postal Service for five years on the same terms as the previous contract. The USPS had asked for $100 more per month. "We asked them to forgive us that, and they did," Reeves said. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC WORKS: Approved right of way permits for a culvert on an entrance to a field owned by David Fletcher, and driveway access to a new home site on the South Patit Road owned by Dean and Tanya Patton. Unanimous for both.
- LOAN: Approved an interfund loan from the Equipment Rental and Replacement fund to solid waste to cover a late reimbursement. Unanimous.
- HOUSING: Agreed to participate in a local government certification housing opportunities for persons with AIDS sponsored by Benton & Franklin Counties Department of Human Services. The program will encompass six counties. Unanimous.
- DUES: Voted to renew membership in the National Association of Counties. Annual dues are $400. The association is the main lobbying force for the timber harvest tax. Unanimous.