Garfield County Commissioners are Dean Burton, Wynne McCabe and Robert Johnson. With all present Monday commissioners:
- INSURANCE: Discussed insuring the Courthouse for $7 million replacement value, when the renovation is complete.
- HOMELESS SHELTER: Amended a contract with Blue Mountain Action Council for 2011-2012. The new contract is for $5,050 annually, with quarterly payments of $1,262.50. Savings to the county is about $600. Unanimous.
- AMENDMENT: Approved amendment to contract with the state Department of Social and Health Division of Developmental Disabilities. The amended contract is for a total maximum of $25,530, a decrease of $1,940 from the previous maximum. Unanimous.
- ALTC: Discussed vacancy on the Aging and Long Term Care advisory board. Elsie Adams is a trainee for the board.
- PUBLIC HEARING: Following a hearing where no public members spoke, approved the Public Transportation Development Plan for 2011-2016. Unanimous.
- MOBILITY: Discussed amendment of agreement between Garfield County and Special Mobility Services. Commissioners recommended meeting with SMS regional manager Rusty Koontz to discuss issues.
- PERSONNEL: Approved hiring Frank Byrd as custodian for the Courthouse and other county buildings. Unanimous.