- TESTING: Heard report from high school principal Stephanie Wooderchak on strategies to support student success in the High School Proficiency Exam in science as well as the End-of-Course (EOC) examines in Algebra 1 and Geometry.
- TRAINING: Learned administrators and the district human resource officer will attend training on how to conduct internal investigations.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE: Superintendent Carol Clarke presented the state house and senate budget proposals related to K-12 education. She noted the proposals that impact employee compensation as well as the Senate funding proposal based on average daily attendance. Clarke also noted the Governor had signed legislation that would require the class of 2013 and 2014 to pass only one EOC class (math) as a requirement for graduation.
- ENROLLMENT: Learned preliminary enrollment projections indicate a drop to about 305 due to unstable economic conditions that are impacting families' employment and finances.
- POLICIES: Approved revisions of policies related to annual organization meeting, election of officers, non discrimination, student health, non discrimination and affirmation action, bid requirement and pesticide notification, posting and record keeping. Unanimous.
- WAIVER: Passed resolution to request waiver to 135 hour credit requirement. Unanimous.
- WRESTLING: Tabled consideration of recommendation from W-P Combine to add wrestling to winter sports until further information regarding costs is available. Unanimous.