WALLA WALLA -- The trial for a man accused of sexually assaulting two underage girls at the apartment where he lived New Year's Day has been postponed.
Phillip S. Ingram, 19, had been scheduled for trial this Tuesday in Superior Court on charges of second-degree rape of a child, third-degree child molestation and furnishing liquor to minors. But the proceedings have been reset to begin June 14.
Police said Ingram had sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl and sexual contact with a 14-year-old in separate occasions in his bedroom at 150 S. Wilbur Ave., No. 58, after what is described as an "alcohol-fueled" New Year's Eve party also attended by other teens.
Police were contacted Jan. 3 after the 14-year-old told her mother.
Ingram was arrested Jan. 7 following an interview by a police detective and booked into the County Jail. He was released Jan. 11 to live at 62 Talon Loop pending further court proceedings.
Terry McConn can be reached at email@example.com or 526-8319.