Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With all present Wednesday:
- PUBLIC WORKS: Reviewed administrative changes requested by the City of Dayton in franchise agreement with the City. Changes were approved. Unanimous.
- BRIDGES: Approved inter-local agreement with the City of Dayton for bridge inspection services. Unanimous.
- CONTRACT: Approved chemical dependency contract with Blue Mountain Counseling. Unanimous.
- COURTHOUSE: Approved JDL Construction to replace steel door on county archives building. Unanimous.
- PHONE SYSTEM: Discussed new phone system with county information technology manager Stephen Gregg. Commissioners approved purchase of new phone system and network updates in the Courthouse.
- PLANNING: Scheduled a public hearing for Aug. 18 on amendments to the zoning ordinance.
- LIQUOR LICENSE: Approved special liquor license application requested by Dayton Days. The permit is for a beer garden during the Bull Bash at the Columbia County Fair in September. Unanimous.