- CONSENT: Approved consent agenda which included payment of $307,576 for vouchers, and $232,929 for payroll. Unanimous.
- QUALITY: Viewed video presentation regarding the Coalition to Protect America's Health Care provided by the American Hospital Association. The coalition is seeking support of hospitals to respond to threats to hospitals due to cuts in Medicare and Medicaid.
- CLINIC: Learned there is steady and significant improvement in the cohorts, especially in the diabetes cohort. Clinic utilization for July were on target.
- FINANCE: Learned accounts receivable are down to 46 days.
- TUB ROOM: Learned $17,400 may be available through the USDA to utilize on the tub room. Total cost is about $73,000. The project is expect to start Sept. 9 and be done by Sept. 30, pending final approval from the state Department of Health.
- RN WAGE GRID: Learned the increase of the RN wage grid market to 25 percent at the beginning of the year placed the district at the low end of the market, making recruiting efforts difficult. The finance committee decided to raise the grid to 50 percent market for the LT and acute care nursing staff.
- ELECTRONIC RECORDS: Heard update from the Electronic Health Records task force. The group has narrowed the candidates to a field of three to four systems that are fully integrated and could provide a comprehensive solution for the whole facility.