Pomeroy School District Board members are Paul Ruark, Lori Slaybaugh, Steve Carlson, Bart Gingerich and Ed Sullivan. With all present Thursday the board:
- MODERNIZATION: Reviewed bids and alternates for the Junior-Senior High School Modernization project. The board will hold a special meeting Thursday at 7 p.m., Elementary Room 109, to select contractor. Total cost of the project is $9,521,822, with $5,091,035 coming from matching funds from the state, and $4,500,787 in local funds.
- TRAFFIC: Learned the city was asked to postpone a Tenth Street traffic reconfiguration until after the modernization is complete.
- CHANGES: Reviewed temporary housing for classes, food service and transportation during the modernization project. Learned the fire safety inspection at the Nazarene Church is on track for occupancy when classes begin.
- TEST SCORES: Learned the district's test scores remain high. Sixth grade math scores went up significantly after new curriculum materials were introduced.
- FINANCES: Learned finances are strong, with a $100,000 reserve.
- PLANS: Reviewed the district strategic plan planning document and professional development plan.
- CONTRACT: Met in closed session to discuss superintendent's contract. The contract will be signed at Thursday's meeting.