Members of the Waitsburg School Board are Ross Hamann, Marilyn Johnson, Terry Jacoy, Randy Pearson and Greg Zuger. With Zuger and Johnson absent Wednesday the board:
- SUMMER PROJECTS: Discussed extending bus route to pick up more students at the request of three families who live near Waitsburg, but in the Dayton School District.
- POLICY: Adopted policies and procedures related to community relations. Unanimous.
- GOALS: Reviewed goals for 2010-2011.
- DESIGNEES: Approved appointment of administrative designees. Superintendent Carol Clarke is the designated compliance officer, affirmative action officer, 504 Officer and Special Education Director, Federal Programs Director, Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying compliance officer. Clarke and business manager Becky Dunn are record check data base access designees, and Stephanie Wooderchak is the Title IX officer. Unanimous for all.
- SALARIES: Approved 2011-2012 salary schedules for transportation/facilities/maintenance supervisor, and business manager/human resource officer, with no changes since 2008-2009. Also approved stipend schedules for extra-curricular advisor, technology coordinator, board recorder and middle school and high school stipends for the WP Athletic Combine.
- PERSONNEL: Approved hiring of Lanny Adams as high school head wrestling coach, James Harrison as high school assistant wrestling coach, Jason Vining, middle/junior high high school assistant football coach, and JP Thew as Waitsburg-Prescott Combine athletic director. Also approved hiring Susan Wildey as food services supervisor. Unanimous for all.